Powder magazine at Castillo de San Marcos National Monument in January 2008
From text on the information sign: "Powder Magazine | This room, constructed in 1675 for ammunition storage, is one of the oldest rooms in the fort. Because of dampness the gunpowder had to be moved and the room was used briefly as a prison, then sealed up. Nearly 100 years later it was opened, and bones found inside have given rise to improbable stories."
exit from magazine
The location of the powder magazine is under the San Carlos Bastion at 29°53'53.1"N, 81°18'40.6"W.
Permission must be secured from the individual copyright owners to reproduce any copyrighted materials contained within this website. Digital assets without any copyright restrictions are public domain.