Columbus landing and ball court site at Salt River Bay National Historical Park and Ecological Preserve in February 2007
This is the site of a native West Indian ball court and ceremonial site. It was also the site of a landing by crew of Christopher Columbus' second voyage in November 1493. Nearby are the ruins of an earthen fort. On the hill in the distance is the NPS visitor contact station, the former home of Dr. Kumpitch. This landing site is owned by the Territorial Government of the Virgin Islands, and the park as a whole is co-managed by the VI and the NPS.
park visitor contact station as seen from landing site.
U.S. National Park Service
Location of the landing site and ball court is approximately 17°46'44"N by 64°45'33"W.
Permission must be secured from the individual copyright owners to reproduce any copyrighted materials contained within this website. Digital assets without any copyright restrictions are public domain.