Images were contracted by the NPS Office of the Chief Information Officer as part of a larger project to add images of all Civil War monuments to the NPS Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System
Northwest Overall View
U. S. National Park Service
1 of 110 mns in Park honoring PA commands in Gettysburg Campaign. Marks position of 6 PA Cavalry dismounted and engaged Anderson's Brigade on July 3, 1863. Located at South Cavalry Field, S of Ridge Road. || MN & 2 Flank Markers. 6-sided rock faced base, 3'7 ea side, shaft, 2'7" ea side. 6 lances at corners. Keystone-shaped & circular polished panels w/ cut inscriptions adorns shaft above bronze state tablet. Flank markers, 1'sq, 2'2" high. LF in veg.
Permission must be secured from the individual copyright owners to reproduce any copyrighted materials contained within this website. Digital assets without any copyright restrictions are public domain.
Public domain:Contract transferred all rights to the NPS